I rearranged the blanket folds under his tail and back to make the composition better. I got rid of a dark fold and minimized the line that went under his tail so it wouldn't be distracting. Then I added enough detail to make the blankets look like they were cradling him.
The plate finish Bristol board I was working on had a very slick surface and creating soft, blurred edges was challenging. His black mask was a little troublesome, too, because the edges had to be precise and very dark. The whiskers were very delicate and thin and I drew them with short strokes made at right angles to their lines to give them a slightly soft effect.