Ornament Step Five
In this step, I hatched in the darkest values of each area like this:
- On the top of the ornament, the edges were the darkest part and that dark value graduated to a lighter one near the center top. There were some dark reflections in this area that I hatched in, too.
- The middle section was darker near the edges, too, and graduated to a lighter value near the middle. I added the reflection of the hook, curving it a little to make follow the form of the ball.
- The bottom area was darkest near the edges, too.
- The cap had some very dark areas on both sides, down the middle, and where it met the ball.
- The shadow cast by the ornament was darkest near the ball’s bottom edge. There was a secondary shadow between the ball and the cap that I hatched in. I darkened the hook and added a cast shadow underneath it.